Please click on any of the questions below to open the answer.
The first waiver you need to fill out is the 805CCW waiver. The waiver is filled out online and submitted online. The waiver can be found here:
You are also required to fill out the waiver form for the range that you will be using for firearms qualification. Most often it is the Smokin’ Barrel Gun Store and Range located in Simi Valley. If you have shot there before then you will probably not have to fill out their waiver form. If you are new to that range you will have to fill out the waiver and submit it online. The waiver can be found here:
If another range has been specified, the respective waiver will be made available to you prior to the training.
- Firearm(s) 3 firearms are included in the pricing. Additional firearms are $25.00 each to certify.
- Magazine(s) / Pouch / holder – you should bring a minimum of 2.
- Speedloader(s) / Pouch / holder
- Ammunition * See below
- Holster(s) / Belt * See below
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Jacket or other firearm covering apparel (optional but recommended)
- Sunscreen / Hat (optional based on preference and range choice)
- Paper and writing instrument (for note taking if you like)
- Drink / Lunch (optional) *See below.
*AMMUNITION: Practice / Qualification ammunition must be manufactured by a recognized company. Reloaded ammunition is generally not permitted. You should consider bringing 100+ rounds of target ammunition and 20 rounds of your preferred EDC (Every Day Carry) ammunition (Hollow Point ammunition allowed at outdoor range only).
*HOLSTER(S): You will need to bring the holster you intend to use for EDC.
*LUNCH: Class runs long so bring something to eat.
Department of Justice – Bureau of Firearms:
California Penal Code section 25400 does not prohibit a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is in lawful possession of a handgun, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting the handgun by motor vehicle provided it is unloaded and stored in a locked container . (Pen . Code, § 25610 .)
The term “locked container” means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device . This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment . (Pen . Code, § 16850 .)
For information click here
Yes there is. Depending on the recent weather and the range you will be training at dress attire is different. Most of the training done by 805CCW is preformed at an outdoor range. If you are training at an outdoor range remember you are going to be using firearms and doing some physical activity as well. Please do not wear beach flaps / sandals or shorts to the range. Leave the Tommy Bahama outfit at home.
You should be prepared to walk on uneven ground and ground conditions will vary due to current and past weather conditions. A good cross training shoe or hiking shoe / boot is a good idea. Thick socks are also welcomed added protection. As listed in the section before this one (“What equipment do I bring to class?”) bring appropriate outer clothing (including hat) as well.
Indoor ranges are more relaxed in the dress attire standards.
You will need to to demonstrate that you can safely handle your gun(s). Loading, unloading , slide /cylinder and safety feature familiarity along with knowledge of the type of ammunition that the gun uses. You will also need to accurately shoot at a target from distances up to 15 yards away (45 feet).
Please do not show up for class with a firearm that is brand new and unfired. You will be disappointed if you do not pass the qualification course required per the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department CCW policy. An additional day may be needed to get you up to speed. If this occurs new charges will apply. Remember if you are taking the CCW course or CCW Recertification course you are expected to be proficient with your firearms as explained in the first paragraph.
805CCW offers “Practical Tactical” training to those that prefer training be tailored to their specific circumstances. Just give us a call for more details.
Each law enforcement agency that issues CCW permits has their own required qualification courses. They are as follows:
LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Required Target: NRA standard B-27 target
- Minimum total number of rounds to be fired: 72.
- Course of fire: 24 rounds fired without time limitation at each of the three distances asspecified.
- Firing distances: 3 yards, 5 yards, and 7 yards.
- Minimum passing score: 70 percent of rounds fired at each distance (17 of 24 rounds) mustscore within the 7-ring of the B-27 target.
- Other requirements: The student shall be required to safely load, unload, and reload theirhandgun during the course of fire.This course of fire shall be required for the first firearm the applicant will be licensed to carry. All subsequent firearm qualification courses of fire shall consist of 20 total rounds (10 rounds at 5 yards and 10 rounds at 7 yards). The passing score will remain 70 percent of hits (7 of 10 rounds) within the 7-ring of the B-27 target at each distance.
LOS ANGELES SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
Required Target: NRA standard B-27 target Minimum total number of rounds to be fired: 72.
Course of fire: 24 rounds fired without time limitation at each of the three distances as specified.
Firing distances: 3 yards, 5 yards, and 7 yards.
Minimum passing score: 70 percent of rounds fired at each distance (17 of 24 rounds) must score within the 7-ring of the B-27 target.
Other requirements: The student shall be required to safely load, unload, and reload their handgun during the course of fire.
This course of fire shall be required for the first firearm the applicant will be licensed to carry. All subsequent firearm qualification courses of fire shall consist of 20 total rounds (10 rounds at 5 yards and 10 rounds at 7 yards). The passing score will remain 70 percent of hits (7 of 10 rounds) within the 7-ring of the B-27 target at each distance.
VENTURA COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
- 2 rounds in 5 seconds (2 times) from 3 yds., 7 yds., 10 yds. 2 rounds in 10 seconds (2 times) from 15 yards. Total rounds fired is 16.
- Target used will be a B27 or similar. No misses are allowed off of the silhouette.
- Safe handling of the firearm and it’s operation by the applicant will also be taken into consideration.
No, the law enforcement agency issuing the CCW permit will make that decision. 805CCW only provides the training you need after being approved to move forward in the process.
805CCW always tries to accommodate the needs of the client, no matter what the number of attendees may be. However, One on One training is our specialty. One on one training will be more expensive and cost will vary depending upon type of training requested.
No. The address listed is our delivery / drop zone. We come to you or arrange a meeting location that you are comfortable with.
Due to the ever-changing world in which we live in this can vary. All instruction is done locally. For the most current information give us a call at 805-908-9264.
That’s because we cater to our clients needs. People are busy, we get that… and we will adapt instruction to your schedule, not ours, whenever possible.
Call us. We will do our best to answer any questions you may have or point you in the right direction to get the answer(s).
We accept the following types of payments:
- Gold Bars
- Real Estate (located outside of California is prefered)